The anime character of the week is Denji from the anime and manga series Chainsaw Man. Denji is a very cool character who reminds me of Devilman and Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte. Here is an excellent fandom page explaining more about Denji. Be aware that there may be some spoilers, so read at your own risk: https://chainsaw-man.fandom.com/wiki/Denji.
The anime character of this week is Lenore from the Netflix Castlevania animated series. Lenore is a vampire and the youngest member of The Council of Sisters, consisting of her, Camilla, Striga, and Morana. She (Lenore) is considered to be the kindest of the four showing some compassion and sympathy at times. However, Lenore is a master diplomat and is willing to use her diplomatic skills to help out the Council of Sisters and her own personal interests. Here is an excellent fandom page about Lenore: https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Lenore .
The anime character of this week is Enma Ai, from the anime and manga series Hellgirl. The background for Hellgirl is this: someone is torturing you and is making your life a living hell. You hear stories about a mysterious website that will send your tormentor to hell for all eternity. At the stroke of midnight, you can gain access to this mysterious site called Hells Correspondence. You type the name of the person you wish to get revenge on. If your request is approved, then Enma Ai (or one of her accomplices) will instantly show up. Next, you are given a straw figure with a string on it (usually red in color). When you pull the string on the straw figure, your tormentor is immediately sent to hell. However, at the end of your life, you are marked to be condemned to hell as well. This is basically Hellgirl in a simple nutshell. What makes this series creepy and interesting at times is how the tormentors are sent to hell. Also, there are times when people don’t pull the string and some interesting backstories of the main characters. In conclusion, even though the storyline seems similar for most of the series, there are some plot twists throughout this series that keep things interested. Definitely check this series out if have never seen this one. Here’s a Wikipedia for more on Hellgirl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Girl.
Washu (Tenchi Muyo)
The anime character of this week is Washu from the popular and classic anime and manga series Tenchi Muyo!! Washu is the brains of the crew and is usually found in her lab either during experiments or observing events in the universe. Even though Washu is somewhat an introverted character, she is a very caring person and has a funny and mischievous side to her which is adorable. Here is a fandom page about Washu: https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Washu_Hakubi.
Hello everyone!! Next month is one of my favorite times of the year. Not only does next month bring Halloween near the end, but also, my favorite anime convention Anime Weekend Atlanta returns for it’s second year since the pandemic started two years ago. For October, the anime characters of the week are going to be horror themed. I have a few characters that are in mind right now. Also, I’ve changed the theme of the website to try something new. Let me know what you think about the change. Take care everyone and thanks for visiting my website!! ^_^
Curious to see what is coming out next season to finish out this year’s anime series? Here is the chart from livechart.me showing what coming out for this fall: https://www.livechart.me/fall-2022/all
The anime character of this week is Skuld from the Oh My Goddess (Aa! Megami-sama or Ah!! My Goddess) anime and manga series. This is the little sister of Belldandy and Urd. Skuld’s personality is at first very bratty and immature. The reason why Skuld’s is so bratty at first is because, she cares a lot for Belldandy and hates that her older sister made a contract with Keiichi Morisato to be his girlfriend forever. However, over the series, Skuld slowly develops a friendship with Keiichi once she learns how nice and caring he is to Belldandy. Skuld is also a genius with a knack for electronics and building things. She built a robot called Banpei which is the bodyguard of the temple and Belldandy’s personal protector. Personally, Skuld is probably the most dynamic main character from the Oh My Goddess series. I highly recommend watching and reading this classic anime and manga series. Here is a fandom link for more about Skuld: https://ohmygoddess.fandom.com/wiki/Skuld.
I recently ran into this youtube page a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/c/EgileaASMR/featured. I love how Egilea combines cosplay with ASMR. For those of you who don’t know what ASMR is, it is shorthand for Autonomic Sensory Meridian Response: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR. My current favorite ASMR video from Egilea is her Resident Evil Village ASMR. In the video, she not only cosplays all three sisters of the House of Demetriscu, but also Lady Demetriscu as well: https://youtu.be/TisB6whpL8s. Check out her youtube page if you love ASMR and cosplay.
The anime character of this week is the infamous Revy from the action packed anime and manga Black Lagoon. Revy is a firearms expert, and carries two twin Berettas to get the job done. Revy also has a very volatile personality which makes her extremely dangerous, especially if you happen to make her mad. What makes Revy so unique is that, even though she can be violent and scary at times, she also makes a great bodyguard and friend when you need one. Here is a fandom that explains more about Revy: https://lagooncompany.fandom.com/wiki/Revy.
The anime character for this week is Yohko from the six part OVA series Devil Hunter Yohko, which was released back in 1990 and finished in 1995. The story is about Yohko, a teenage high school student who is trying to find a balance between fighting demons and trying to live a normal life. Yohko is the 108th generation of devil hunters. Her mother would have been the next in line devil hunter if she didn’t get pregnant with Yohko. Also, devil hunters must be pure virgins, which, in the first OVA, there are some very interesting situations that come up which puts Yohko’s virginity to the test. Personally, the first OVA has a interesting combination of horror, comedy, and a transformation sequence of Yohko transforming into the Devil Hunter like Serena transforming into Sailormoon. Throughout the series, Yohko gains a partner to fight the demons, Azusa, who is a devil hunter in training. Azusa is kinda clumsy, but she does help out tremendously when the going gets tough. Btw, Devil Hunter Yohko 4-ever is just a music video compilation. Here is a Wikipedia link for more on this unique anime OVA series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Hunter_Yohko.
The anime character of this week is Rias Gremory from the anime and manga series High School DxD. This red haired, green eyed beauty is a powerful character who has amazing magical powers. Also, she is very nice and dislikes cruelty. Here is a fandom link for more info about this amazing character: https://highschooldxd.fandom.com/wiki/Rias_Gremory.
Whether you have attended several conventions (I have been attending anime/sci fi cons for well over 20+ years) or this year will be the first time you’re attending one, these are a few tips for preparing to attend an anime/sci fi con based on my personal experiences.
- Make note of the day or days of the convention. This one may seem pretty obvious. However, I’ve had several friends who has missed attending a con because he or she forgot what day or days the con was.
- Pay attention to the posts on the cons social media pages and/or website. These posts usually contains information about the status of the convention, like registration fees, hotel reservations deadlines and so on. These are very important so check these posts often!!
- Have a budget plan. Conventions can be costly, especially if you’re going solo. If you can room with some friends at hotel room or commute a short distance to a con, you can save yourself a lot of money.
- If you’re going to cosplay (or crossplay) give yourself more time than you need to finish your costume on time. I recommend that if you need to buy materials online, try to get everything you need at least two months(or more) ahead in advance. Lately, there has been several delays on shipments from not only foreign countries, but items from here in the U.S. It’s always better to get your materials early than late. Also, the benefits of getting materials early is that, if the item doesn’t fit or work out for you, you can either get a refund or exchange for the item (depending on the company’s policy of course).
- Bring some over the counter medication like Aleve and Pepto Bismol with you. Aleve is a NSAID, which is a pain reliever. This is good not only for cosplayers but even regular attendees. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been in pain or discomfort from excessive walking or wearing cosplay shoes which, over time, gave me foot and other pains throughout my body. Pepto Bismol, Kao Pectate, or any other anti-diarrheal/anti-nausea is also recommended to bring to a con with you. The reason why is this: you eat or drink something at the con that your stomach doesn’t agree with. Instead of being stuck in the hotel room or a restroom for an hour (or hours depending on the severity), you take your anti-diarrheal medication which calms your stomach down. Now you can go back and attend your events as normal.
These are just a few recommendations I can think of right now. Are there some tips I missed that you can recommend on this list? Be sure to comment below.
This weeks anime character is A-KO from one of my favorite anime series from the past, Project A-KO. The first of four movies came out back in 1986. The story from the first movie is about A-KO just trying to live a “normal” high school life with her best friend C-KO. However, A-KO is not your ordinary high schooler. She has extraordinary strength and speed, and is constantly trying to make it to school on time with the speed of the road runner from Looney Tunes. Also, another student called B-KO has eyes for C-KO and constantly sets up A-KO with traps (like mechas and even other students. Wait until you see Mari!!).
To add to the craziness of this movie, there is also an alien invasion. Without giving away too much, the aliens are very unusual and there are some absolutely hilarious moments involving the aliens. In summary, if you haven’t seen Project A-KO, definitely check this movie out. This is one of the classic anime series that was aired a lot on the old Syfy channel on their anime lineup. Also, just recently, this movie just got a Blu-Ray release with a ton of extras. You can buy the Blu Ray version here.
The anime character for this week is one of my favorite anime characters from the past. Iria is a bounty hunter who has gadgets and weapons that would make Batman envious. Iria has a very tough job, hunting down the most dangerous monster in the universe, Zeiram.
The anime character of the week is none other than Marin Kitagawa from the anime and manga series, My Dress Up Darling. Marin is considered by many (including myself) to be the anime waifu of the year, if not, of all times. What makes her unique is that, from her outside appearance, she looks like a typical high school girl. However, hidden behind her outer appearance is a dedicated otaku and avid cosplayer. Also, what is fascinating about Marin is that her flaws, like being somewhat clumsy and sometimes making bad decisions (often with hilarious results), makes her even more attractive. Marin is definitely one of the newest anime waifu’s of 2022 and should be on anyone’s list of top 10 anime waifus of all times. Here is more info about this beloved character: https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Marin_Kitagawa
Boy, has it been a while since I posted anything to this blog site. Life has been pretty hectic for the past few months. Anyway, I have some new material coming up very soon to this site in the next couple of weeks!! Also, I have a youtube channel that is also a work in progress. Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7hKEUVNqjUzjwf_hVX83w. Be sure to subscribe to the channel so that you’ll be able to see my latest reviews!!
Urusei Yatsura is a huge series from Rumiko Takahashi with over 195 episodes, 6 movies, and 12 OVA’s. Here is an excellent fandom about this beloved character: https://uruseiyatsura.fandom.com/wiki/Lum
Image: Kakashi Hatake from Naruto.
Over the past few months, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of cases of Covid-19. The strain of the corona virus that is highly contagious now is the Delta variant. From animecons.com, several conventions are postponing, canceling or going virtual in the next couple of months. While many anime cons are still planning to hold an in person convention (though this is very subject to change), here are some recommended advice you should consider before attending any anime (or large event) conventions:
- Get fully vaccinated before the con. I know that there are cases out there were some people who were fully vaccinated still got sick with covid. However, from the stories I read, those infected people were able to recover quickly and had mostly mild symptons. Also, getting fully vaccinated gives other con goers (especially con staff) some relief knowing that you are being responsible for your health and the well being of everyone else.
- Wear a face mask inside the con. Several cons now are making it mandatory that you wear a face mask inside the building. Outside however, you can take your mask off for photos or photoshoots. However, still practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- If you are sick or feeling sick, check with the medical staff to see if it is okay for you to stay at the con. If the medical staff considers you a health risk and encourages you to go back home, then ask registration and/or other hotel or staff members for either a refund or to roll over your membership and/or hotel fees to the next con. Believe me, I’m pretty sure that your health is more important than a con. Also, a good con will allow you to roll over your membership and fees for the next con, considering the circumstances everyone is facing now.
- Finally, if you feel uncomfortable going to any cons right now, then consider postponing until next year. I know that many of you (myself included) miss going to cons last year. However, the safety and health of everyone is very important now more than ever. Take care everyone and stay safe and healthy.
The anime character of the week is Rally Vincent from the three part anime ova and manga series Gunsmith Cats. Rally Vincent is a guns expert while her partner Minnie May Hopkins is an explosives expert. What makes Rally Vincent so interesting is the fact that she can tell by feeling a gun if it is loaded on not (from the first OVA episode). Also, Rally can sometimes shot and hit enemies without even seeing them! If you have not watched the Gunsmith Cats OVA or read the manga, I highly recommend checking both out. Also, Rally is in the Riding Bean movie as a partner in crime with Bean Bandit. For more about Rally Vincent, check out this fandom page: https://gunsmithcats.fandom.com/wiki/Rally_Vincent
Throughout my otaku lifestyle, there has been some amazing women in video games. Some of these women look absolutely stunning and can kick butt. Others have a personality that you can’t help but love. This list is my top 10 video game babes of all times. This was not easy, because there are so many beautiful women in video games. So, without further waiting, lets begin:
Poison is smoking hot. Also, consider the fact that she can kick some major butt makes her even more attractive. Despite being a controversial character (based on what you believe in), she earned this spot in my list.
Here’s another babe who can kick butt. Ever since Streets of Rage came out on the Sega Genesis (or MegaDrive) Blaze was the main character I picked. I love the new look of Blaze in Streets of Rage 4. The designers updated her look, yet Blaze still keeps her retro look which many of her fans loved.
Laura Croft has it all: a beautiful athletic body, can use weapons, and (depending on which version of her is being protrayed) a beautiful British accent. There really isn’t much more to say about this classic babe.
I’ve always loved Sophitia. Sophitia has a very gentle and sweet personality which is very attractive. Also, she is determined to protect her loved ones. This is very admirable traits and adds to the beauty of her character.
Kunimitsu II is the daughter of the original Kunimitsu. This version of Kunimitsu looks beautiful. I love her eyes and also how the designers made Kunimitsu II an update to the original Kunimitsu. I would have placed Kunimitsu II higher in my list if it wasn’t for the next character:
Urbosa is an awesome character in the Legend of Zelda series. I love how the designers made her muscular and beautiful at the same time. This youtube video instantly made me a huge fan of Urbosa and hopefully there will be more of her in a future Zelda game.
This was a really tough one. Practically, any one of the Dead or Alive females could be in this list (they’ll all beautiful). I choose Ayane because I’ve been a huge fan of her ever since the first Dead or Alive game. Those red eyes and that beautiful purple hair..sigh… Also, Ayane’s fighting style consists of spinning attacks which can confuse the heck out of her opponents. I also love her various outfits and costumes.
I’ve been a fan of Mai ever since she was in Fatal Fury 2. Mai is a major hot babe. From her outfits to her fighting style, Mai has been a fan favorite (including myself) for years. I wish Mai had an interest in me as much as she likes Andy Bogard (^_^)’
Now I’m starting to get into waifu territory. Tifa has been in numerous lists as one of the hottest video game babes of all times and it shouldn’t be no surprise that she ranks so high in this list. Tifa has the perfect girlfriend/wife material: she has a beautiful body, lovable personality, can kick butt, and is a major character in the Final Fantasy 7 and Remake game. She was also a childhood friend of Cloud which makes me kind of jealous (lol). I wish I had a childhood friend which grew up to be this beautiful (sigh…).
Here is the first lady of fighting games and my no.1 crush of all times. I have loved this character ever since I first saw her in the (at the time) local arcade in the mall as a child. Everything about Chun-Li makes her top waifu material. She has nice muscular thighs (I love beautiful thighs 🙂 ), kicks butt, and has a very cute face (minus the f*** up capcom did in Marvel vs Capcom infinite). Even in the latest version of Street Fighter (Street Fighter V), Chun-Li still looks amazing. Chun-Li fan for live 🙂
Here are my top 10 video games of all times. What are your favorites? Post in the comment section below (^_^)
What a great way to promote a new anime season here in America (and in New York of all places). Click here for the article from Crunchyroll.
Here is a link for a livechart view of what anime series is coming out this summer: https://www.livechart.me/summer-2021/all
Today’s anime pride characters of the day are Nagisa Aoi (left) and Shizuma Hanazono (right) from the anime and manga series Strawberry Panic! Strawberry Panic is a yuri anime which deals with relationships between female characters. Here are fandom links about both of the main characters: https://strawberrypanic.fandom.com/wiki/Nagisa_Aoi
Todays anime pride characters of the day are, from left to right Taiko Kou (SailorStarMaker), Seiya Kou (SailorStarFighter), and Yaten Kou (SailorStarHealer) from the Sailor moon Sailor Stars series. Here is a fandom link about the Sailor Starlights: https://sailormoon.fandom.com/wiki/Sailor_Starlights
I would like to wish all the awesome dad’s and father’s out there a happy father’s day!
Today’s anime pride character of the day is Bridget from the famous fighting game series Guilty Gear. Here’s a link for more info about today’s anime pride character https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Bridget_(Guilty_Gear)
Since June is pride month, I would like to make this month unofficially Anime Pride month. Throughout this month, I will be featuring LGBTQ characters in the anime, manga, video games and fandom community. Be sure to come back to this website for new content.
I’m sad to hear this news, but I expected that Anime Weekend Atlanta was going to be physically canceled this year. Due to the increased cases of Covid-19 and the impossibility of a large convention like Anime Weekend Atlanta to be completely Covid-19 compliant (practicing social distances, wearing masks, etc.) I personally think that physically canceling was a smart idea. However, even though the physical convention is not going to happen this year, I will definitely attend virtual AWA. Earlier this year, when Momocon went virtual, I watched some panels and events on twitch tv. I still had a lot of fun watching panels and events, and even chatted with one of the panelists. So, all is not very bad. Please be sure to check out virtual AWA this year. I’m pretty sure the staffers are going to have some really cool stuff for everyone to see.
2020 has been a very tough year. Covid-19 has made many sci-fi and anime convention either cancel, postpone to a future date or go virtual. While a virtual convention is nowhere as exciting as attending an actual one, there are a few benefits of attending one. Here are few benefits of attending virtual conventions that I personally believe in.
1. Virtual conventions are free to visit and attend. When one of my favorite conventions I have attended for the last few years, Momocon at the World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia went virtual this year, I, like many other congoers, was disappointed. However, checking out some of the panels and chatting with members of the convention and other congoers was a lot of fun. One panel I watched and chatted in the chat room was really fun. I actually talked with the host of the panel, and me and her was talking about japanese kit kats and even horror stories and urban legends.
2. You can host a panel from the comfort of your home. This one of my favorite benefits. For example, let’s say you can’t attend physically attend a convention but still want to be a panelists. With virtual conventions, you can still host your panel online from the comfort of your own home. Also, you have access to materials you might not be able to bring with you to an actual physical convention.
3. You can save yourself lots of money. Attending physical conventions can be expensive. I know from personal experience that the biggest expenses from physical conventions are hotel rooms and parking fees. If you can room with several friends, then the cost of the hotel room can be greatly reduced. However, usually people bail out of attending cons for several reasons. The less of your friends or roommates paying for the room, the more you will have to pay out of your pocket (or credit card). Parking fees can also add up real quickly, especially if you are attending a convention for several days. With a virtual convention, you have no parking fees to worry about.
4. You don’t have to worry about hygiene issues or getting sick from virtual conventions. I have attended physical anime and sci-fi conventions for over twenty plus years. There has been several times I have gotten sick from attending a physical convention, especially the late fall year conventions. Con crud is a real thing, and it’s no fun. With a virtual convention, you don’t have to deal with con funk and germs.
These are the few benefits I can think of about virtual convention off the top of my head now. I’m sure there are plenty more. I would love to hear your own opinions about what do you think are the benefits of virtual conventions. Hopefully 2021 will be a better and safer year for physically atttending anime and sci fi conventions.